Which Stand Up Paddleboard is the right board for you? Choosing is not as difficult as you may think and you can begin to determine the best match for you by asking the following questions:
- Do you have a car rack or truck to transport the board?
- Would you like to be able to bring the board on your next airline trip?
- Do you plan to use the board in rocky shorelines and or rivers?
- Will you be using the board for racing or for exploration, fitness, fishing?
- Do you own a larger boat and you would like to have an SUP on board for excursions into shallow bays and areas otherwise not accessible?
- Is storage space an issue when not using the SUP?
At SUPonthefly we commonly hear from our customers that they would like to be able travel with their board easily (both vehicle and air travel) and that storage is an issue. Also they like the fact that using their board around rocks will not cause damage. As a result, for most customers, the benefits of the new inflatable boards wins 9 out of 10 times. In addition the technology advancements in materials, design and construction have allowed inflatable boards to perform incredibly well in the water. They are now very rigid, firm, and stable which makes for the perfect combination of performance and convenience.
At SUPonthefly we like SUP’s that fit in our trunk, allowing us to show up, blow up, and be on the water in minutes. Our staff favorite is the MCIT providing the ultimate combination of performance, stability, gear space, portability and small storage requirements.